Sunday, May 9, 2010

Plans for the Summer

Unfortunately, my summer won't be all that much relaxing and partying as one might usually think. My plans/goals for this summer are simple and I am determined to see them met. My first priority is getting my ass back in the working world and find myself a job. Whether it be a job I like, easy, hard, or something I brutally hate, nevertheless, I plan on working. So far, I have been turned down by the rec center on campus which is unfortunate since It would be easy for me to work in the gym and work with my schedule.

Secondly, I plan to take a class during summer session starting june 30th. Although, it is only for a month, 4 days close to 3 hours a day, of intro to phycology is going to bust my balls. However, It's my fault for not doing the work needed for the first time around 1st semester so it's time to nut up or shut up.

Thirdly, I hope to focus all my other time spent training MMA (mixed martial arts) at DogPound gym and with the team. I have to say this is my main focus even though school and work should probably be first. It would be great if I was able to train hard and make improvements and start my road to getting a fight. I first have to prove myself in kickboxing and grappling (ju-jit-su) before I get to fight MMA but there is enough motivation to get through doing amature kickboxing and a grappling tournament. There's nothing better then submitting or knocking some kid out anyways so it's just more practice for the real deal. I'm interested in seeing how well I react to getting hit as well. I've not been hit in the head much in my life. In my lame street fights I usually do more of the hitting but I know I'm not made of glass and can take a few. It will be that first moment of being knocked out that will test me if I truely want to do this sport for my life.

This summer should be exciting and rewarding but will require some hard work and a little blood and sweat. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the road ahead with both fists and legs leading the way.

1 comment:

  1. See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Better late than never. I think this saved you from a C+ in the class overall.

    Have fun punching things!

    ReplyDelete